Looking for rocking chair cushions, pads or covers? What kind should you get? Where can you buy them? How can you make them yourself? Find the answers here! Since we’re not tied to any one company or brand, we’ll try to give you as much unbiased information as we can.
Our first categories go into [...]
While this site is more about the technical details of rocking chair cushions, I wanted to share my personal interest in rocking chairs, so I have created a blog for that purpose. I’m not an upholsterer, woodworker, or antiques appraiser, just an amateur who happens to be fascinated with this particular item of [...]
On a well-built old rocking chair, even the cushion may survive more than a century. Here is an example of a rocking chair built by the Phoenix Chair Company of Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Although the date of its purchase is unknown, the first owner died in 1905, so it is well over 100 years [...]
If you’ve decided you need a real rocking chair cover instead of a towel or sheet awkwardly forced into service to keep dog hair or spilled wine off your rocking chair cushions, here are some suggestions. If you have a fully upholstered rocking chair or glider, you may find a conventional slipcover meant for another [...]
We discuss all of these on this site, but it may be helpful to look at the differences between them, so that there is less confusion about them.
First, the main difference between a rocking chair cushion and a rocking chair pad, is principally one of thickness. Pads are usually thinner, generally less than 2 [...]
Baby Rocking Chair
This can have two meanings: a chair in which someone sits to rock a baby, and a chair in which a baby or small child sits to rock itself. The context or picture usually tells you which kind is being referred to
A type of rocking chair in which the seat [...]
A cushion for a rocker or glider which does not have a solid seat. In some cases the bottom of the cushion is below the rocking chair’s seat framework, so the cushion is dropped in to rest on the chair’s support framework. Often these cushions are not reversible, because the bottom [...]
If you need to replace a cushion on a rocking chair or glider with an irregularly shaped seat, there are 3 good reasons to make a template. First, if you plan on buying a ready-made rocker or glider cushion, you can take it along with you while you’re shopping to make sure you get a [...]
A solid block of flexible polyurethane foam placed inside a rocking chair cushion cover.
It can be either conventional foam or “Memory” foam. If you wish to make a rocking chair cushion yourself, it can be found in most fabric departments or ordered online. Foam can be cut to the [...]
Tagsantique auction baby rocking chair box cushion box cushions chair pads coccyx cushion cushion cushions custom cushions Dacron batting Dacron wrap density foam insert foam inserts gel cushions glider glider rocker gliders indoor cushions knife-edge cushion knife edge making cushions medical cushions memory foam memory foam cushions outdoor cushions patio restoration rocker rockers rocking chair rocking chair covers rocking chair cushion rocking chair cushions rocking chair pads rocking chairs sewing cushions Sunbrella tailbone upholstery welting white rocking chair wicker rocker wooden rocking chair
- If It Ain’t Broke, You Don’t Have To Fix It!
- Indoor Rocking Chair Covers–What’s Available
- What’s the Difference? Rocking Chair Cushions, Rocking Chair Pads, Rocking Chair Covers?
- Glossary of Miscellaneous Rocking Chair Terms
- Glossary of Terms for Rocking Chair Cushions – Part 2
- Making Templates for Rocking Chair Cushions
- Glossary of Terms for Rocking Chair Cushions–Part 1
- Anatomy of an Old Rocker Glider and Its Cushions
- When the Weather Outside Is Frightful, Where Do Your Outdoor Rocking Chair Cushions Go?
- Rocking Chair Covers –Extra Protection for Your Outdoor Rocking Chair Cushions
- Knitting and Crocheting Rocking Chair Cushions and Pads
- Making Rocking Chair Cushions From Recycled Materials
- Replacing Old Rocking Chair Cushions–Part 2
- Replacing Old Rocking Chair Cushions–Part I
- Learning To Sew Rocking Chair Cushions–Ph.D